Thursday, February 25, 2010

Memories

Bella Italia:
I just wrapped up my 4th Cultural Activity at school - this latest was "All About Italy". I taught 12 sessions - 680 children from 1st - 6th grades. As I prepared the things that I would teach it took me back about 26 years and made me homesick for a beautiful country that I did not have to grow to love, but that captured my heart the minute we arrived.

I remembered all that I loved about living there. I miss the sights, the smells and especially the pace of life that the Sicilian people live.

They say that if you throw a coin over your left shoulder into Trevi Fountain that you will get to come back. I can only hope. But for now, sono nostalgico per lei la bell' Italia!!

1 comment:

  1. I love those pictures! I love all of the pictures from Italy. When (!!) we win the lotto and become filthy rich, we can all go back and tour Italy again. Or maybe just move there!

    ReplyDelete