Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sink or swim

Total Immersion is right - right to the bottom of the pool!!
I am more than a little worried about this swimming thing...I am not getting it! Bill has given me a DVD and book to help; watching and reading about it looks so easy. In my mind I'm an amazing swimmer, Dara Torres look out...but get me in the pool and I feel just like a fish out of water. Why didn't we take swimming lessons when we were young? Dad says he taught us how to swim...I must have been absent that day.
November will be here before I know it and I'll be doing the doggie paddle!

3 comments:

  1. Well I will be wagging my tail right behind you. I was out in the pool yesterday and can't swim even half the length of our pool. I am more than a little worried. Has anyone ever drowned in a mini turkey triathlon - in a swimming pool? Maia is trying to help but she has little patience with her grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no shame in a doggie paddle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gulp in a whole bunch of air and float, let the momentum of the crowd push you along, you will be done before you know it!

    ReplyDelete