Sunday, June 6, 2010

I "Tri"ed and I did it!

I did it! I was the bike leg of team "Lost in Transition". The bike leg was 6-1/2 miles with 3 steep hills mixed in. The best part of the whole thing was about a half a mile into the race I zoomed past the Stake Center in 1st place...around the corner onto 114th. Our swimmer is one of the fastest in the valley. They enter the swim according to their ranking and she was 2nd behind her husband. Anyway, she came out and tagged me and I started, passed the 1st girl and on I went for about that half mile in 1st. I can't lie, it felt pretty good. This Stake sponsored Triathlon included some first timers, some that had done some racing and then some real athletes; about 170 people in all. So just to be in 1st for that small amount of time was really fun! It was great and I LOVE MY NEW "FELT" - Thanks honey for believing I could do this and allowing me to have a better chance at accomplishing my goal. Next year - the entire race! (Can anyone teach me how to swim?)

7 comments:

  1. You look great!!!!! Nice bike...I'm totally jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I learn to swim I will teach you!! Why didn't we take swimming lessons. You look fantastic - and LOVE the bike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great I am proud of my "baby" sister! Keep it up you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete